Miller in the Abraham Rattner Archives
Correspondence with Henry Miller, 1937-1979. (9 folders)
Box 4-Reel 5262-5263
Correspondence with Lepska Miller (Henry's third wife), 1946-47. Box 4 - Reel 5263
Extensive material relating to the American roadtrip that Miller and Rattner did in 1940-41, including:
- Rattner's own notebooks of the trip;
- Correspondence, panel scripts, and exhibition catalogue relating to the exhibit Our America (1975-78), which profiled the Air-Conditioned Nightmare adventure;
- "When We Were Together": Abe's account of the trip;
- Typescript of impressions by Miller for Nightmare, 1956
- Rattner's drawings from the trip;
All Box 5 - Reel 5264 (some drawings in Box 28 and 30 as well)
Six folders of Henry Miller media clippings, 1930s-80s.
Clippings of Henry Miller's writing, 1942, 1960s-70s.
Four folders of litrary annoucements and reviews of Miller, 1940's-60s.
All Box 24 - Reel 5275
Miscellaneous American pamphlets collected by Rattner during their excursion, 1940.
Box 24 - Reel 5276
Essays written by Miller on the subject of Rattner:
- A Bodhisattva Artist (1956)
- The Rattner Portfolio or For God So Loved the World (1957)
- A Word About Abraham Rattner (1965)
- Several undated essays titled Rattner, Abe Rattner and On Rattner
- A Painting If It Is Achieved At All, Is Done With The Help of God (undated)
All Box 26 - Reel 5276
Photographs of Henry circa 1940-43.
A photo from the 1941 trip, with Rattner, Miller and Weeks Hall.
Box 27 - Reel 5276
Artwork by Henry Miller.
Box 45 (ov) - Reel 5277