Sunday, August 17, 2008

Crashing The Party

This marks my 250th posting on this blog; an event that happens to coincide with its three-year anniversary week (August 12 is the actual date). I was working on a post about why Miller chose the titles Tropic Of Cancer and Tropic Of Capricorn, thinking that this would be a substantial enough subject to mark my anniversary. Instead, this 250th post is written on a borrowed computer so I can say that I come to you with empty pockets.

I got the Blue Screen of Death. My computer crashed. I've been wasting all day trying to fix this, but it's something I can't do in 24 hours. I'm desperately hoping that everything will be recovered (about 75% of the personal Miller archive on my computer had been backed-up), but this means more delays with this blog.

Thanks to everyone who has visited or commented on my blog over the past 3 years, and to those who have sent me emails and have proven to be loyal readers. You've helped make this personal project all the more rewarding and interesting. Supreme accolades go out to those who've kindly supported my efforts by sharing their expertise, materials, and encouragement.

And here's a toast to technology, which I must love and hate for both enabling and crashing my party.

I'll be back as soon as possible.

UPDATE: August 24,2008. This computer issue is becoming a real headache, but I've been able to use another computer in the meantime. Thanks for everyone's supportive comments.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

RC - I was really sorry to hear about your puter problems. Hope that goes well for you.

Deep thanks for all you have done. So much in three years.

9:33 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank YOU, RC. It's hard to believe, looking back over the site, that it was only three years of work. It is impressive.

Good luck with the computer and we'll all be eagerly awaiting the next entry.

9:20 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope that you are back up and running soon, RC. Kudos on your anniversary, and thank you for three years of excellent work.

BTW, have you seen this site? It is a Web archive, and it might have "snapshots" of your blog over the years: http://www.archive.org/index.php

10:56 am  
Blogger David Marc Fischer said...

Congrats--and keep up the great work!

11:25 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

coach outlet online
oakley sunglasses
ralph lauren outlet
tory burch outlet online
coach outlet
tiffany and co
coach outlet store
ralph lauren,polo ralph lauren,ralph lauren outlet,ralph lauren italia,ralph lauren sito ufficiale
michael kors outlet online
ray ban outlet
ralph lauren outlet
coach factory outlet
celine outlet
herve leger dresses
michael kors outlet online
fitflops clearance
michael kors outlet
thomas sabo outlet
nike roshe
ralph lauren outlet

10:23 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

coach outlet online
oakley sunglasses
ralph lauren outlet
tory burch outlet online
coach outlet
tiffany and co
coach outlet store
ralph lauren,polo ralph lauren,ralph lauren outlet,ralph lauren italia,ralph lauren sito ufficiale
michael kors outlet online
ray ban outlet
ralph lauren outlet
coach factory outlet
celine outlet
herve leger dresses
michael kors outlet online
fitflops clearance
michael kors outlet
thomas sabo outlet
nike roshe
ralph lauren outlet

10:23 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

jianbin0927
ray-ban sunglasses
ray-ban sunglasses
louis vuitton
longchamp pas cher
the north face outlet
coach handbags outlet
kobe 9
salomon shoes sale
snapbacks wholesale
ghd hair straighteners

6:14 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

jianbin0227
tiffany jewelry
gucci handbags
true religion outlet
cheap oakley sunglasses
fitflops outlet
ralph lauren uk
kobe 9
swarovski uk
coach outlet
tiffany jewelry

3:34 am  
Blogger jeje said...

louboutin shoes
lacoste
nike air huarache
longchamp bags
roshe run
nike lebron 14
cheap jordans
nike air max 2017
adidas nmd
adidas neo

11:19 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home